Back to school!
Art and cuisine
News from Secondary
Just the Facts
Admission is dependent on:
1. The submitting of school reports from the previous school.
2. The production of a passport or birth certificate confirming the date of birth.
3. An interview with the Head teacher and/or Principal.
4. The production of any significant medical documents if applicable
Registrations are accepted at any time provided there are places available.
Places will only be offered to children who will benefit from the educational programs of the school.
Assessment procedures ascertain students’ respective starting points so that future progress can be accurately monitored and tracked.
The English Curriculum begins a year or two before most other countries. We are happy to discuss entering children a year below the year stated for the following reasons:
- To allow a smoother transition back to their home country.
- To enable children to attempt a less challenging curriculum that is commensurate with prior school experiences and provide for a greater chance of success. This may be particularly relevant where the current ability to actively communicate using the English language denies a child access to the majority of the school curriculum.
Staff will be consulted as to the suitability of each applicant. Their advice will be listened to and, wherever possible, acted upon.
If the school in terms of the Management and the Staff feel that the child would not benefit from attending the school, the parents will be so advised and assistance will be given to try and help the parents find an alternative.
The school exercises a policy of selection, which is not dependent on family background, religion or nationality.